Preference points

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
If someone moves out of California but they still apply in the draw, do they keep their preference points from when they were a resident or do they have to start over?

My understanding is you keep your points. Cali does not have non resident specific tags although they do have non resident license and tag fees. If you buy a lifetime license your good even if moving out of state. Although I do not know how tag fees work. Does anyone know if you have lifetime license and move out of state do you have non resident tag fees? I think you can get around that by purchasing the lifetime license big game package?

lifetime license plus big game package gets you points for life for deer tag 1 or until you draw that D16 or A zone tag [then sadly its back to 0}....if a dude was to buy a 2nd deer tag..he would pay the non res fee..im sitting on 18 points in CA. for all species.. I hate CA.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu