Proper use of a bore sight ?

OPAH

Sep 20, 2021
OK a couple more days, and I will swap my scope from my BOSS to My BAR, now I don't want to waste a shit load of ammo so I plane to use a red dot laser bore sight.
Now I plan to match the dots as far a I can see the bore sight laser, is that correct ? Or is there a specific distance ? 10 foot equates to 100 yards ?

OK a couple more days, and I will swap my scope from my BOSS to My BAR, now I don't want to waste a shit load of ammo so I plane to use a red dot laser bore sight.
Now I plan to match the dots as far a I can see the bore sight laser, is that correct ? Or is there a specific distance ? 10 foot equates to 100 yards ?

The laser in my experience will get you on paper, you will definitely need to adjust elevation at the range though.

Mine is not red dot, it shows actual target with 1" graduation. Tapered expanding rod goes in bore and target mounts on it. Mine is set for sighting at 100 yards. Like mention it will get you close.

just zero the scope to the dot at 50 yards. that tends to be the spot the bullet as its moving up crosses plane of the scope.

or just remove the bolt. Look down the tube, adjust scope to be in the same spot and go shoot...

Reactions: NBK and HATCHET1
Point it in the deer’s eyes and bludgeon them to death with the stock while they’re blinded.

Make sure you yell “zap zap” when you do it, it makes the laser work better.

Come on now, how do I get this BBAR close to start ?
Cant blow a bunch of rounds Now. If I can Havve it on paper the first 3 rounds i can have it grouper and zeroed in 12 rounds, I want it to Be as lose to clover by 20 rounds.
And I prefer BANG BANG to Zap Zap

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu