Public opener

dhntr48

Oct 7, 2015
Hi guys well I didn't knock them out , but got a few opening day . A blue goose and nice mallard , about 16 mallards came in to finish , then 10 snow geese flew by very high up , and four came in to land . Some green wing teal came in to land . Also about 12 . I was at Wister Saturday and never shot a round !PA240235.JPG

That's a Juvenile snow goose, see the gray, and white goose season didn't open until Oct 5th in the Imperial Valley....doh!

So just say you shot it on Saturday the 5th...LOL!

Nice green head!

Yep.......Public hunt?.......Versus private hunt?......Montana, right......;)

Oh, and a blue goose is still considered a white goose.

Well Balance of state regulations say 20 white geese ,10 dark geese , starting October 22 . I read that 6 to 8 times in the Regs just to be sure ! And since I was in the balance of state zone . Well you know what I mean . Now I was at Wister for zip last Saturday the 5 th ( saw some snows up High ) and that was it . I was talking about two different hunting locations . I don't why I called it a blue , I guess It would be immature white Morph .

dh,

It seemed you were talking about the southern zone.....Which did open for white geese Nov. 5th.....Many a fowler have thought juvie snows were blues.

.IMG_0127.JPG

Thought you were talking about the Wister area for the snow, the regs are confusing.

I got one on the 5th, adult snow came out of no where and into the decoys, didn't make a sound.1st snow in the blind 2016.JPG 1st snow on the water 2016.JPG

I like the dead duck in the decoys in the first pic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Aaron,

The fact you had a few snows out is a smart move......The new wavies are looking for friends.....Congrats

ps......Nick......You don't miss anything........lol

I like the dead duck in the decoys in the first pic.

To excited about the snow, forgot to pick it up when I got the snow. Some day I will have a retriever.

Steve,
Every year early/mid November we get a few snows to give us a look (before they get their routine down). Sunday we had 3 take a look, thought they were going to make another pass only to fly off. Would of, could of, should of!

Way to go Aaron, i also heard a few that morning, it was good to meet you face to face.

Bummer, i was thinking of heading out this weekend, i may wait a few weeks and go shoot me some more dove.

Reactions: Slayersmith
Awesome Steph. Are these from Sask this year?

No the pic was from a few years ago Nic, it was just a great day where we could pick out the different types of blues there are.

Personally, I like the white chested blues

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu