quail anyone

Yes, I love me some grilled quail. Good hatch this year, I hope to get out and chase them. I sure do miss my lab during this season.

This is going to be a huge year for quail AZ is loaded with them. Should be one of the best years we have had in a while in So Cal as well huge coveys. Hoping to fill that buck tag quick so I can move onto upland and ducks.

Planning to hunt them on opener for a half day near Cajon Pass with a buddy. The area burned so I'm hoping the ecosystem is providing new forage and concentrating them along the edges of the burn areas. Might hunt Barstow area in the afternoon if Cajon doesn't pan out. Good luck everyone!

I've seen quite a few more/bigger coveys this year than in years previous, both in the forest and the IV. I love me some grilled quail, but my favorite is pan fried in brown butter with sage, rosemary, garlic, and mushrooms. I don't breast em out; I pluck em whole and while cooking I continuously spoon the brown butter over em.

Reactions: Sigalert2012
That sounds good. Usually I make a Chinese food dish with my dove and quail. Like orange dove or fire cracker quail. Good luck to you guys. I’ll be up in the Los Padres Forrest Hopefully the high country roads are still open and we can get up high enough for some mountain quail.

Reactions: Sigalert2012

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu