Quail Forever San Diego Chapter meeting tonight

torresmick

Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, CA
Apologies for being last minute, but I wanted to inform you guys of tonight's QF meeting. It will be a meeting to find out if there is any interest in rekindling the chapter's activity and it's involvement with the chapter's obligations. Frankly, the chapter is in need of a new spark and with new faces attending we can hopefully create a new fresh approach to keep the chapter alive.

No obligation to join or paying dues is implied, just a gathering of like minded uplanders looking to preserve our local habitat. Food and drink will be provided by the chapter.

Where: Filippi's Pizza Grotto 5353 Kearny Villa Rd, San Diego, CA 92123 (conference room)

Time: 6:30 pm

POC: Miguel 951-500-1690 Text preferred

Hope you can make it.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
I was involved in the QF chapter a while back.
I would look to NWTF for a successful model.
Monthly meetings in a central location at a time that working people can make it with engaging leadership.
Guys looking to share stories of there outings (quail and otherwise, lessons learned, dogs, gear, etc.) and provide light details on spots to point people in the right direction and keep new people interested. There has to be bait on the hook. Talking about which guzzlers were repaired and which ones need repair and finances, while important, probably isn't going to engage your target audience and make them want to return.
Create a space where people can link up and meet other like minded folks in their area and share their passion.
Low or no cost fun events in the outdoors (ex. spring turkey tune up, target shooting, hunts, etc.) not to make money for the club but to recruit new members and retain existing and engage existing members.
Youth events for training on quail scouting, hunting, shooting, biology, cleaning, eating, etc.
Marketing and Advertising events on forms like this, Facebook groups (Small & Upland Game, etc.), QF website, dog training (NAVHDA, SDSDC, etc.), podcasts, YouTube, email, etc.
If you build it, they will come.

Apologies for being last minute, but I wanted to inform you guys of tonight's QF meeting. It will be a meeting to find out if there is any interest in rekindling the chapter's activity and it's involvement with the chapter's obligations. Frankly, the chapter is in need of a new spark and with new faces attending we can hopefully create a new fresh approach to keep the chapter alive.

No obligation to join or paying dues is implied, just a gathering of like minded uplanders looking to preserve our local habitat. Food and drink will be provided by the chapter.

Where: Filippi's Pizza Grotto 5353 Kearny Villa Rd, San Diego, CA 92123 (conference room)

Hope you can make it.

Good luck, I hope the chapter survives! My sons and I join the Ventura chapter for a work day or 2 each year. I find a lot of value in hanging out with them and in the work they do. I wish I could join them on a monthly basis for meetings, but they are over 100mi away.

It is sad to me that it seems like most don't find the value in these organizations as previous generations did. I'm 43, so I feel kind of stuck in between the generations when it comes to this stuff. In talking w/a sociologist friend of mine a few years back, he comment on a study done that noted that people born before and up to the late 70's were dedicated to organizations because of the organization itself. And that they would then form their social circle from those that were also a part of the organization. However, those born after the late 70's do not (normally) find value in organizations themselves, but would join an organization if a relationship they already had invited them in. I found it fascinating and have often though through the implications of the findings and how often they seem to hold true.

Reactions: torresmick
I was involved in the QF chapter a while back.
I would look to NWTF for a successful model.
Monthly meetings in a central location at a time that working people can make it with engaging leadership.
Guys looking to share stories of there outings (quail and otherwise, lessons learned, dogs, gear, etc.) and provide light details on spots to point people in the right direction and keep new people interested. There has to be bait on the hook. Talking about which guzzlers were repaired and which ones need repair and finances, while important, probably isn't going to engage your target audience and make them want to return.
Create a space where people can link up and meet other like minded folks in their area and share their passion.
Low or no cost fun events in the outdoors (ex. spring turkey tune up, target shooting, hunts, etc.) not to make money for the club but to recruit new members and retain existing and engage existing members.
Youth events for training on quail scouting, hunting, shooting, biology, cleaning, eating, etc.
Marketing and Advertising events on forms like this, Facebook groups (Small & Upland Game, etc.), QF website, dog training (NAVHDA, SDSDC, etc.), podcasts, YouTube, email, etc.
If you build it, they will come.

Good luck, I hope the chapter survives! My sons and I join the Ventura chapter for a work day or 2 each year. I find a lot of value in hanging out with them and in the work they do. I wish I could join them on a monthly basis for meetings, but they are over 100mi away.

It is sad to me that it seems like most don't find the value in these organizations as previous generations did. I'm 43, so I feel kind of stuck in between the generations when it comes to this stuff. In talking w/a sociologist friend of mine a few years back, he comment on a study done that noted that people born before and up to the late 70's were dedicated to organizations because of the organization itself. And that they would then form their social circle from those that were also a part of the organization. However, those born after the late 70's do not (normally) find value in organizations themselves, but would join an organization if a relationship they already had invited them in. I found it fascinating and have often though through the implications of the findings and how often they seem to hold true.
Awesome, this is why i appreciate this platform. Thank you so much for the valuable feedback and ideas. A model much like our local NWTF is what I envisioned the chapter evolves into.

Steve,
I'd like to get some dialogue started on getting involved for this year's turkey tune up. I'll give you call soon.

Awesome, this is why i appreciate this platform. Thank you so much for the valuable feedback and ideas. A model much like our local NWTF is what I envisioned the chapter evolves into.

Steve,
I'd like to get some dialogue started on getting involved for this year's turkey tune up. I'll give you call soon.

Sounds good................. :blush:

Attachments

• Spring TTU _ 2022 Flyer.jpg
    Spring TTU _ 2022 Flyer.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 16

Hope you can make it.
A bit last minute for me.. would've liked to checked it out. For the next one(s) please post on here ahead of time if possible. Would be great to restart the QF chapter and get some good work done in our upland areas.

Pretty sure my kid would be interested maybe both they are both in their early 20s but would need a little more Leedy time to get to a meeting. I would definitely support you all too but am not much of a worker bee these days.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu