Quail pit stop

Stubby

Sep 16, 2018
After a slow morning of glassing for deer mid last week, I decided I could use a little excitement (and something for the pot) so I made a couple of quick pit stops on my way down the mountain to some of my go to quail hangouts and managed to put a few in the bag.

Hunting quail alone and without a dog is an excersise in frustration and rarely works out as well as I hope but I managed 5 (4 pictured) And though I didn’t eat venison that night I managed the have great meal which reinvigorated my post deer hunt pride

One of these days I want to pay some to film me chasing these little buggers around, I bet I look absolutely ridiculous.

DD7BAA58-C030-44AA-AE3D-FEB3F5108100.jpeg9B1B283B-5113-4E95-BF52-6E8CFEE2079F.jpeg

Thanks guys,

I love eating quail and I’m usually feeling pretty good about myself when I knock down 1 or 2 but they are more of an appetizer than a meal. Needless to say 5 is a pretty good day for a run and gun quail hunt, i was lovin it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu