question for new or new to the area duck hunters

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Would a Step by step guide on how to hunt the refuges be something you would like to see? Was thinking about putting together kind of a flow chart type deal with each step from applying for reservations to sweat line and how to find your way at wister. Just gaging interests so let me know :)

Great Idea Bill, newcomers to Wister are not going to get much help from the regulars. Better to have an idea before you get there or take a Wister vet with ya.

Bill,

Anytime your ready, I'll write something up.

Very difficult for anyone new to the hunting area system at Wister & San J.......Especially Wister (no Tom Trapes).

Yes I would like to see something like this. I want to go down to salton sea and hunt but it is intimidating with all the refugees and IDK where is legal to hunt.

I would definitely be interested! I have been trying to do some research but not really been able to find much. I was at the memorial hunt last weekend at falling feathers and met you I believe. What a great time and thanks again, all in attendance had a blast and your efforts are greatly appreciated. Ive got the bug now, and would really like to get in another hunt before the season closes. I have my name in the hat here at Pendleton but not really counting on that and would like to have a plan B as I cant hunt this weekend so I really only have 1 more shot. I know this is an old post but if you see it....any help would be greatly appreciated! And again thanks for the hunt man, it was great!

Was nice to me meet you jtlambo, was a fun event. Should have the photos back tomorrow so I'll get a post up

As far as the how to guide. It's coming! The basics are done just need to make the pages and images and Google Earth maps and yeah its a lot for one person lol. When it's time i will need some help, stay tuned

need to get through duck season and lots of things will get done..

Just send a PM if you need anything. I hunt SJ the most, but I also hunt Mendota, Kern, Los Banos and Wister (but I'm no expert on Wister. Went for my first time this year).

"I also would be interested, I hear that wister mud is a pain..."

You heard incorrectly, Wister Mud is a f*****g NIGHTMARE! I bet ilovesprig has mud at his house from Wister that he brought home in 1972. I bet there is Wister Mud on his truck from the previous Century! I have dropped my gun at Wister and when I got home, I had to take it to a Power Car Wash and use high speed water jets to get the mud off! :'(

Wister mud does suck......LITERALLY!......But if this old guy can hunt it, then you young studs shouldn't have any problems...... ;)

ps.....Started hunting Wister in 1970.....And if I still had my '70 van, the mud would still be on the frame....... :D

Attachments

• wister B area 1972[1].jpg
    wister B area 1972[1].jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 75

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu