Quick Deer Question

The bucks start early but it's all about the girls......after what I saw last weekend nows the time to make some noise.......a combo of rattling and tearing up some ground and rake the bushes.......quite the show from those bachelors showing off for the ladies

MJB said:
The bucks start early but it's all about the girls......after what I saw last weekend nows the time to make some noise.......a combo of rattling and tearing up some ground and rake the bushes.......quite the show from those bachelors showing off for the ladies

My friend says he saw some Chasing. I haven't seen a buck and a doe together yet personally

D16hunter said:
TaftHunter said:
NBK said:
Rusty and I rattled this respectable D16 buck in 3 years ago. He didn't just saunter in, he came in like an overloaded freight train! Full of piss and vinegar. Note the scarred up face. This guy was not about to have anyone in his neighborhood uninvited.

Rattling works...

Awesome buck!! Public land?
It's easy to tell the public from the private in San Diego ussually the good looking areas are private and the nasty thick and steep areas are public. That is obviously private

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been there. But there is quite a few open grass areas here, just gotta get a few miles from the road

SD, these boys were just sparing but the noise they were making had the does walking towards them. The does were actually all around me watching the fight as I was trying to get a shot on the bigger buck.........I should have shot the spork!

I haven't seen any dead bucks yet to see if their glands are seeping but I bet they are starting too!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu