R.I.P Tom I did my best

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
I went to bed planing to hunt a pond or two and be home early. At 2:45 I got a phone call saying one of my hunting partners had died an hour befor. After tossing and turning for a while I got up and hit every hole I had showed him from east county from the Salton Sea along with a Mutual friend we scraped up a few doves 5 ducks and should have got a few roosters. Also it was our friends first duck. Bummer but I think it was a good day.

Attachments

• Friend.png
    Friend.png
    2 MB · Views: 87
Sorry to hear about your buddy. I'm sure he's happy you were out there pounding the birds in his memory.

Lungpopper said:
Sorry Johny
still coming out to fling some arrows tomorrow
Call me in the morning I'm not sure what's going on but I think so

I hope your friend is hunting in his new place of rest. Sorry to here... :(

Sorry to hear about your old hunting buddy. After some time has past I would ask his family for something small to remember him by, like his old camo hat or duck call etc. I have a few small things like that from old hunters and it helps me to keep their memory alive in the field with me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu