R.I.P. Winda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Winda is my friend, my hunting partner and most of all she is my duck dog.

A odd female she was built like a male, her prime weight was around 84lbs. By 7 Months she was fully grown and looked like a 3 year old. For the first 9 years of her life she was a machine, few dogs will get to retrieve as many ducks and pheasant as her. She was hard headed like her owner :) often testing the limits of the E collar. Its a strange sight to see a dog take the high setting and just look at you like " is that all you got". She just LOVED to hunt. When getting the gear out a day before a trip she would not sleep and just wait by the door in a panic that i would leave with out her.

By age 9 you could see the burden of her size was taking a toll and her sister Tia was taking over the job of fetching birds. No one expected her to make it to 14 honestly but i am so glad she did. The friendship she gave me in some of my hardest personal times and then again in the best of times as my family grew is priceless. She hung on long enough for my daughter to grow to age 4 and i hope she can hang on to the memories.

Thank you for the years of being our dog winda

I am heart broken right now, i miss you old girl.........

winda1_zps16ea29a4.jpg
billquail1_zps167f9024.jpg
P1010072_zps2ae3385d.jpg
ducks2_zps90c27cb4.jpg
2_zps40412c00.jpg
windaboat_zpsa99d05b5.jpg
windagirl2_zps6854ad80.jpg
bd1_zps62500e36.jpg

bro sorry for your loss , pics show that your dog was an awesome partner.. RIP winda

So, though I give you all my heart,
The time will come when we must part.
But all around you, you will see,
Creatures that speak to you of me;
A tired duck, a hunted thing,
A quail with a broken wing ...
And somehow, I will be with you still;
And I shall know, although I'm gone,
The love I gave you lingers on.

unkown poet

Bill,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your hunting partner.......I lost my big Jake 3 weeks ago after almost 14 years......Words can not describe the feeling we have for them.......Like Winda, he was retired......Despite that, something is just missing now around the house.......Time heals.......My heart goes out to you and your family........RIP Winda.

Winda will always be at the campfire and in the blind with you Bill. She has blessed you with her history. And that is all that can be asked of her...

Hang in there Brother.

Sorry to hear about your loss Aeon. You've lost a great friend and family member. Try not to think of the loss but the pleasure you got from having her in your life and the fantastic memories you both got from being together. I'm sure she will always be at your side wherever you are and you will meet again someday.

What a beautiful dog! Clearly she had a wonderful life and you guys were a great team! She was lucky to have spent all those years with you doing what she loved most.

So very sorry for your loss.
RIP Winda

You and your family have my condolences. Lost my beagle a few years ago she had a stroke and had to put her down. It broke my heart but she had a great life. As am I sure that winda did too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu