Rabbit Opener 2014

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got out early........The 1st areas that I hunted were pellet gun only........Missed a couple, but then dialed in the .22 Benjamin Trail NP and hit four in a row.......Number 5 and the limit was taken on MCC with my 17....... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7987.JPG
    IMG_7987.JPG
    660.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7985.JPG
    IMG_7985.JPG
    701.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7982.JPG
    IMG_7982.JPG
    932 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7983.JPG
    IMG_7983.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 27
Now that is some strong work ilovesprig. Very sporty! When you cook them up, please enlighten us with some pictures and recipe in or food section of the forum!

8SteelTown said:
Awesome! Congrats!! You got a planned recipe?

I filet them these days.......Frying pan, butter, garlic, and green onions.......The other white meat.......lol

Last year I made sausage. Grind the meat and mix it with bacon and seasoning. Use a small sausage casing and make breakfast sausage. I have also cubed and seared :p with honey mustard.

Dang.... after that post I had to go out after work. and try my recipe again. set for 4th of July now.

30yds Saunders bludgeon, running at me neck shot.
guess I'm going to try that recipe again!

Attachments

• 324.jpg
    324.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 89
Went out this morning with my daughters boyfriend.......Super windy and a lot less rabbits.......Did see some game though.......3 different sized poults.....The jakes were the oldest, then hen on the road, then the hen with just 2......We need recruitment barely this year......With seeing the older poults, I'm optimistic........... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8017.JPG
    IMG_8017.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8012.JPG
    IMG_8012.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8035.JPG
    IMG_8035.JPG
    760.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8027.JPG
    IMG_8027.JPG
    656.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8040.JPG
    IMG_8040.JPG
    691.4 KB · Views: 19
Steve, either you work for the same outfit as Johnny, or you're retired.

Sigalert2012 said:
Dang.... after that post I had to go out after work. and try my recipe again. set for 4th of July now.

30yds Saunders bludgeon, running at me neck shot.
guess I'm going to try that recipe again!
He sure tasted good too! Rabbit sausage is smokin good!

Bonejour said:
Steve, either you work for the same outfit as Johnny, or you're retired.

Retired Don......And loving it.....Although, I averaged about 120 a year hunting or fishing when I worked......Can't let a thing like a job get in the way.......lol

Well one way or another you're gettin' it done. Way to go!

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu