Rabbit seasons 52 days away

It is a lot of fun!

I remember when I was a boy living in New Jersey, a guy used to go out in the back woods area and hunt rabbit every week. I always cam back with 2-3 rabbits.

Yep, I see them eating the grass in my front yard. I quietly sneak out there with my pellet rifle and make sure none of my neighbors are watching. Then I unleash the fury of a .177 caliber pellet.

Breacher said:
Yep, I see them eating the grass in my front yard. I quietly sneak out there with my pellet rifle and make sure none of my neighbors are watching. Then I unleash the fury of a .177 caliber pellet.
Its is pretty fun to hunt them with a pellet gun especially a .22 pellet gun but it would be awesome to arrow one that would be a bit of a challenge though

How do they eat? Back home in Idaho I always heard you need to wait for a good frost or freezing temps to get rid of some parasite that can make you sick.

The rabbit you see sleeping in the photo was taken at 20,116 milimeters in my backyard, last year.............ah who am I kidding.....its a dead rabbit ::)

Attachments

• rabbit 001.JPG
    rabbit 001.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 44
The best way to kill rabbits is with a high power varmint rifle like 22-250 or 243 with 55gr. Shoot for the gut, the hydro static shock is awesome. Then pace off the pieces and see who spreads them out the farthest. Now that is fun.

I had a pretty rad gut pile of a picture from a rabbit Done in with the 270. It's gnarly though I'm not posting unless someone tells me otherwise

D16hunter said:
Breacher said:
Its is pretty fun to hunt them with a pellet gun especially a .22 pellet gun but it would be awesome to arrow one that would be a bit of a challenge though

make sure u hit it good, otherwise it will be crying like a little kid, and i HATE that! makes me feel bad when that happens. LOL! 8)

Lungpopper said:
The best way to kill rabbits is with a high power varmint rifle like 22-250 or 243 with 55gr. Shoot for the gut, the hydro static shock is awesome. Then pace off the pieces and see who spreads them out the farthest. Now that is fun.

sounds like fun, never tried it before, but i think i might now 8)

Sdbirds said:
I had a pretty rad gut pile of a picture from a rabbit Done in with the 270. It's gnarly though I'm not posting unless someone tells me otherwise

post it Johnny! :D

Snake Charmer said:
Wait until cold weather to consume them or cook them into shoe leather if you want to get rid of the possibility of trichinosis
[/q
I disagree I have shot and eaten Rabbits on the opening day which is July 1st, and all summer long, they are great and no problems just put them on ice as soon as you can, they are fun with the bow and a dato head

I used to hunt them years ago with my single shot 12 gauge and my buddies .22. I cleaned em but turned them over to my buddy for prep for the grill.

But now I think I am going to try to get out there with my bow.

If there is an outing planned I would be all for joining in on the carnage.

I am looking forward too to the season to begin. I've been away from the hunting scene and bought a 22 to get the little critters.

D16hunter said:
Breacher said:
Old thread i know but i achieved my goal to arrow a rabbit on the third day of the seasonyvutuveg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu