Rabbit seasons 52 days away

I am dying to try rabbit too... but instead of worrying how they cook up, I heard you have to be careful when butchering them - that you have to clean them with gloves on due to rabbit fever?

We have one bunny who habitually frequents our backyard and comes out into the open b/c the kids feed it little carrots. I can't shoot that one. ;)

This is a great site for how to butcher a rabbit for eating, but I have yet to try it myself: http://www.raising-rabbits.com/slaughtering-rabbits.html

My uncle taught us how to do this years ago so I googled it to see if I could find a video.
http://youtu.be/UHX2adPb27s

It is much more fun hunting with a 22-250 though ;D

Nice job on the archery rabbit D16!!!!Rabbits are great fun ;D here is my 8 year old Adam when he was 6 in Arizona with his single shot .22.

Attachments

• summer 2011 034.JPG
    summer 2011 034.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 118
Rabbit seasons 52 days away

gteam said:
Nice job on the archery rabbit D16!!!!Rabbits are great fun ;D here is my 8 year old Adam when he was 6 in Arizona with his single shot .22.
Thats an awesome picture i might be 15 and you could consider me a child too but im always happy to see young hunters is your son hooked on hunting yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rabbit seasons 52 days away

D16hunter said:
gteam said:
Thats an awesome picture i might be 15 and you could consider me a child too but im always happy to see young hunters is your son hooked on hunting yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hook,line and sinker!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu