Rabbits in the local hills

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Got out this evening to do some rabbit hunting locally. Brush was thick spoting them was tough. Saw a total of 4, put 1 in the bag. Saw another 5 driving out, isn't that the way it always goes. Biggest thing was kids had a blast getting out. Both are super excited about going again soon.

I should have them but still a little young for that. My daughter wants a rabbit skin purse for her bday in late August so better get crackin'. Fortunately have three pelts I did at the end of last rabbit season.

Awesome, heading out today to do a little with my Daughter...This will be her first hunt so looking forward to it !!

Ryde, how'd you do? My daughter has resigned summer hunting. She told me the other day she doesn't like the heat or the ticks so she'll wait til the ticks are gone and it cools off. My boy on the other hand wanted to know why I canceled hunting during the Volcano fire the other day.

Sorry for the late delay...ended up coming down with a fever that day :mad:Never made it out so will be going out again either this week or next !!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu