Raw meat for puppy

Mirrorsman

Feb 6, 2021
Hello everyone I have a cattledog puppy and she is allergic to kibble. She is 4 months old. She can only eat raw meat except store-bought stuff is very expensive. If anyone has any old meat or parts humans don't typically eat that they dont need or going to throw away please let me know! I live in Los Angeles

Thank you in advance advance20210131_104855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M,

Welcome to SCH...I think I'd take to a vet and find out what part of the kibble she's allergic to...The meat idea may work, but eventually you're going to have to get her dog food.

Reactions: Loosenutswelding
Most likely sensitive to grain which is found in most dog kibble. Have you tried a grain free dog food?

A guy I used to know fed his Doberman raw hamburger. That dog was shaped like a sausage!

Once you get the dog tested for sensitivity and if it is allergic to kibble with grain you might try Natural Balance it is a two ingredient food that is protien and vegitable matter I have had very good success with animals that have sensitivity. It basically mimics the whole body of a dead animal such as a rabbit mouse, rat or deer.

Reactions: Mirrorsman
Hello everyone I have a cattledog puppy and she is allergic to kibble. She is 4 months old. She can only eat raw meat except store-bought stuff is very expensive. If anyone has any old meat or parts humans don't typically eat that they dont need or going to throw away please let me know! I live in Los Angeles

Thank you in advance advanceView attachment 47771
We thought our dog coil not eat kibble when she was a puppy. We tried all kinds of food for her but she threw up almost everything. The vet put her on a chicken and rice diet in small portions and it helped a little. We finally took her to another vet and they found a pacifier stuck in her stomach and partially blocking her food from getting in her stomach. She could only eat stuff small enough to pass. We got it removed and she eats anything and everything, especially with a 3 year old sharing all his food. Just a thought

If you are interested in the "raw" dog food route, PLEASE bear in mind that dogs NEED more than just muscle tissue (what you get from the store), they need organ meat as well such as liver, heart, kidneys, etc. There are services that ship portioned raw food for dogs that has the organ meat requirement included, but they are pricey. An example brand is wefeedraw.com, but that should just be a starting point for you to educate yourself on what your dog actually needs.

Kibble isn't great, but if you're feeding raw meat, please ensure that your dog is getting all of what they need in order stay healthy!

If you are interested in the "raw" dog food route, PLEASE bear in mind that dogs NEED more than just muscle tissue (what you get from the store), they need organ meat as well such as liver, heart, kidneys, etc. There are services that ship portioned raw food for dogs that has the organ meat requirement included, but they are pricey. An example brand is wefeedraw.com, but that should just be a starting point for you to educate yourself on what your dog actually needs.

Kibble isn't great, but if you're feeding raw meat, please ensure that your dog is getting all of what they need in order stay healthy!
I've had a certified vet nutritionist make a balanced meal plan with all sorts of things! She's responding really well and growing faster than I can type. Its crazy to me though that the new refrigerated pet food companies are making a killing selling animal parts that are usually throwaways for hunters

Reactions: Marksman
The problem you describe may be serious. Feeding him raw meat may do more harm. You need to take him to a vet. Especially a puppy has special dietary needs to grow to be a healthy dog. GET HIM TO A VET!
The vet recommended the raw diet, her energy and overall wellbeing have been through the roof!

Reactions: Marksman

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu