rear bag/rest in the field

TJD123

Jun 3, 2013
what do you guys run? any light/lightish weight ideas? I generally dont like using my back as a rear rest

My bino harness when prone and my pack frame when sitting.

If you have issues with your back, sit in front of a tree and lean back into it. It will help reduce movement.

Cross tach 73 it’s light small has 3 different heights depending on how you position it.

Grip ? It’s got a loop on it and texture on the outside. I like it.

Grabbed a small bag on Amazon and filled it with slime styrofoam balls. Weighs less than 2 oz

Grabbed a small bag on Amazon and filled it with slime styrofoam balls. Weighs less than 2 oz

What bag did you find on Amazon? If you don’t mind sharing.

This makes me want to shoot some groups with a bag vs my bino harness and see how they compare.

Reactions: baboltin

Quick question for you, I was going to order the stuff and do exactly what you did. Where did you order your slime styrofoam balls from? And how much? And what size? Thank you.

Looks like the exact ones I bought are not on amazon anymore, but i used ~3mm balls. The ones in the link below will work, but it is way more then you need. I think I ended up making a few for friends at the time.

Might need some kind of funnel to fill the bag, I think I used the meat stick attachment on my sausage stuffer with a stick to push them in.

Reactions: baboltin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu