Recent storms

82toydude

Jul 28, 2013
Anyone know if the recent storms have pushed the birds away from Imperial Valley?

I don't normally go there but would like to keep the option open.

On Sunday I saw flight after flight of 10-15 birds flying southbound at high altitude. Not even close to being shoot able. That said, I also saw plenty that were shoot able. Now this was in the morning before Sundays storm hit, but after a hell of a week of storms.

It is what it is, there will be birds, might be scattered and fewer, but there will be birds. We scouted and marked 4 good looking spots as back ups to our regular place. Besides all that, the time spent with buddies in the field or hotel for that matter is priceless.

Huntndogs said:
It is what it is, there will be birds, might be scattered and fewer, but there will be birds. We scouted and marked 4 good looking spots as back ups to our regular place. Besides all that, the time spent with buddies in the field or hotel for that matter is priceless.

AMEN Brother!

Huntndogs said:
. Besides all that, the time spent with buddies in the field or hotel for that matter is priceless.

Roger that.

What hotel(if any) is everybody staying at? My group will be at the Vac Inn.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu