Recommendations wanted - First rod+reel

You really need to go with someone that has knowledge of our local lakes, fisheries, and equipment...There's 100's of lures out there...90% are a waste of money...A drive to Escondido could save you a lot of money...I have Wal-Marts & Turner's nearby... :joy:

Watch some fishing shows...Not a big fan of Bill Dance, but he does have some pretty good instructional programs... :blush:

Wal-Mart $5.00 rod, a $30.00 Wal-Mart Shimano 2500, camo 8 lb test mono...5" Green pumpkin skinny Senko...1/0 Gami wide gap hook...The whole set-up under 50 bucks... ;)

.View attachment 53042
Sounds like I am headed down to Escondido ASAP

You really need to go with someone that has knowledge of our local lakes, fisheries, and equipment...There's 100's of lures out there...90% are a waste of money...A drive to Escondido could save you a lot of money...I have Wal-Marts & Turner's nearby... :joy:

Watch some fishing shows...Not a big fan of Bill Dance, but he does have some pretty good instructional programs... :blush:

Wal-Mart $5.00 rod, a $30.00 Wal-Mart Shimano 2500, camo 8 lb test mono...5" Green pumpkin skinny Senko...1/0 Gami wide gap hook...The whole set-up under 50 bucks... ;)

.View attachment 53042

Nice! Found this in the clearance section. $25 Rod and $40 reel. Beat the crap out of that thing.

3EB11676-D75A-40BB-809C-BCCBB2F54981.jpeg

Mason,

Not a lot of pawn shops around here, but in Montana, I've gotten some killer deals at them...If you find something, send me a text (picture) and I'll let you know, if it's worth buying.

The Cypress swap meet is another place I've found some jewels ( I love old bait casters, especially Ambassadors)... :blush:

Reactions: MasonP
I'm in Cerritos, ill keeps my eyes open if I hit any garage sales.
Awesome, thank you. Garage sales have been tough for me to hit, since I work weekends (Fri-Sun) and nobody is hosting a garage sale on a Tuesday morning. I also don't trust CraigsList much, mainly because I do not know what Im looking at to know if I am getting a good deal.

Reactions: sportyg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu