Recreational shooting spots (BLM)

AndrewSD

Mar 4, 2020
Any suggestions for recreational shooting spots on BLM lands close to San Diego? I think about some practice and clay target shooting as well. So looking for good spots not too far away from home area with good access. Something maybe in range of 1-1.5 hour drive from Poway/Rancho Bernardo. Thanks.

Hate to say this but leave the clays to the commercial ranges. yeah i know they biodegrade but out in our deserts they take for freaking ever to do that. If you can not leave it like you found it do not do it. With the way things are now i do not want to loose our ability to target shoot on BLM land.

let me introduce you to the new sec of the interior Deb halland
she does not like guns.......

Hate to say this but leave the clays to the commercial ranges. yeah i know they biodegrade but out in our deserts they take for freaking ever to do that. If you can not leave it like you found it do not do it. With the way things are now i do not want to loose our ability to target shoot on BLM land.

let me introduce you to the new sec of the interior Deb halland
she does not like guns.......
Like Aeon said, Use a range for clays. Look at what Bidens staff is tryng to dump on us, unifromed b.s to sway the public. Automatic weapons ? Huh ? clueless people for sure with an agenda. Teach your neighbors the truth so that they can make informed choices.

Thank you all for feedback! Appreciate it. If anyone has something to say on the merit of the issue you can ping me directly as well.

Last edited:
Escondido Fish & Game Assoc. has clay shooting open to the public on Wednesday nights...Take a drive up there...Very military/LE friendly and close to home.

ps...Things may be different with the Covid crap.

Reactions: AndrewSD
Escondido Fish & Game Assoc. has clay shooting open to the public on Wednesday nights...Take a drive up there...Very military/LE friendly and close to home.

ps...Things may be different with the Covid crap.
I believe EF&G events are currently only open to EF&G members and invited guests (up to 2) because of Covid. Check the website.

There's also Palomar Gun Club out towards Lake Henshaw/Ranchita...I do believe there's a waiting list to get in...May have some public days.

Reactions: AndrewSD
Just please, wherever you go, pick up after yourself. I work on BLM land, and the mess that the shooters leave behind is ridiculous. Shells/casings, paper, plastic, bottles all shot up that were used as target, etc. Driving around the signs on closed firebreaks, making their own roads. We are our own worst enemy. I know its only 10% of the people, but they make us all look bad.

Have fun, enjoy.....

Just please, wherever you go, pick up after yourself. I work on BLM land, and the mess that the shooters leave behind is ridiculous. Shells/casings, paper, plastic, bottles all shot up that were used as target, etc. Driving around the signs on closed firebreaks, making their own roads. We are our own worst enemy. I know its only 10% of the people, but they make us all look bad.

Have fun, enjoy.....

Yep Sean….The exact reason Orosco Ridge was closed down.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu