Regs question

AUtigers

Nov 26, 2014
Hey guys i'm new to california. I've started duck hunting back home a a few years ago (alabama). We shoot 100% wood ducks out there so i've never really payed attention to limits and regs about what you can shot and how many. Cause it has always been 3 woodies and your done. I am gonna try my luck at the sweat line out at wister this weekend. I was looking at the regs for limits and such and it read this

7/day, which may include: 7 mallards no more than 2 hen mallards, 2 pintail, 1 canvasback,
2 redheads, 3 scaup. Possession limit
triple the daily bag.

My question is what about other ducks like teal or wood ducks? can you not shoot them?

Great site,
Thanks yall

Your allowed 7 of any of the ducks that do not have restrictions......That would include all 3 species of teal, wood ducks, ringnecks, widgeon, gadwall, etc.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu