REI to pull out of Portland over theft/crime

Depending on which news feed you read, somewhere between 28 and 39 retailers have shutter in San Francisco since 2020. Reasons from, declining sales since covid and untenable condition due to high crime, to high rate of homeless people harassing customers, and leaving human waist on the streets.

Portland was never on my list of places to return to. Was in San Fran in Jan. first time in 10 years. Really can not believe how horrible it is there.

I'll probably go though SF just to see if it really is as much of a ghost town as everybody says it is now. I heard the walgreens that haven't closed yet even lock up the ice cream in the freezers LOL. Supposedly you have to get assistance for everything.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu