Reloading Shotshells 2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Just received this from a friend that's into reloading shotshells.......I used to be totally into it......Bought dove loads last year at Waldo World 5 bucks a box......Frank out at Wister is selling them for $50.00 a case right now too......I guess this is why I stopped reloading.

Attachments

• SHOTSHELL RELOADING COST 1-15.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 47
The only reason I reload 12 ga is because you cant buy what I need for POT shooting, and I can reload my 28 ga and 410 ga for 30% of new ones. For the average shooter no need to even consider it but for high volume shooters of sub gauges who want quality shells still makes sense.

thank God I still have a lot of components, several yrs ago got in on a group buy on shot and still have a lot left, got wads coming out my ears, always keep plenty of powder on hand and I have a garbage bag full of Rem STS shells so yeah I'm set for awhile. But as for reloading I just enjoy rolling my own, probably why I have so much stuff.

We actually stopped reloading shot shells this year as well. It was nice though we worked up a great 1.25oz load of 7.5shot for dove that had a great really wide and fast patern. But we also gave into Wally's boxes for 5-5.50 a box.

What was left out of this cost analysis was the cost of the hulls.......AA's are going for about 9 cents each........Wow!........I still have 100's of once fired paper Federals. Gave all my AA's away.... :eek:

.http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Winchester-AA-HS-gray-12ga-275-once-fired-100_bag/productinfo/AABW12S1/

That's great until the lead-free ban makes all the lead trash.

I am investigating loading non-toxic and also trying to talk a non-toxic bullet maker into making bird shot. Currently non toxic is about 4 times the cost of lead. Thank Barnes for lying about how available non toxic is.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu