Remington 700 Varmint Tactical Hunter

Hitman21

Jan 4, 2016
With the help of John at Fine Firearms, I was able to take my stock Remington 700 Varmint in .308 Winchester and create a long range hunting/ target rifle.

The rifle is sitting in a McMillan Tactical Hunter stock with Coyote Ambush camouflage. It has a Rifle Basix trigger and Seekins Precision Detachable Magazine Bottom Metal using Accurate-Mag 5 shot magazines. The scope is a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50mm EBR-1 (moa) with Seekins Precision low 30mm Scope Rings and a Seekins Precision Rem 700 SA 20 MOA rail.

I do not claim to be a good marksmen, but the results of the first 5 shot group at 100 yards at the P2K range are not a disappointment at all. I hope to continue to develop my skills at shooting to reveal the true potential of this rifle.

Thank you again John, I could not be more stoked with this rifle!

Attachments

• IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    996.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
Yep very nice. John helped me do a Rem700 a few years ago too I am very pleased with how it came out. I haven't had much use for it yet but you never know. I took it out for D-16 opener the first year but never saw a descent buck. They do nice work over there for sure.

Nice job Craig! What kind of ammo were you running through the gun? I bet a little ammo testing and a bedding job will tighten those groups up by half!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu