Remington's 870 Express or Weatherby's PA-08?

I think either way, the 870 is a good choice (IMO).

Yep...that is the real conclusion. They have been making the 870 since 1949 and the cost reduced Express since 1987. To date it is the most universally sold shotgun of all time. In the earlier part of the year of 2009 Remington produced it's 10 millionth 870.

Ya' I would say its a pretty good shotgun! I am a big fan of the Wingmaster -

I'll recommend the 870, although I've become pretty attached to my Benelli Nova. I realize it might be a bit more expensive, but if you ever want to shoot a goose with 3 1/2" shells, the Benelli will do it. Never had a jam, or any problem for that matter.

And I used to have an 870. It HATED shooting Federal loads, for whatever reason, but was flawless with Remingtons. Go figure.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu