2024 - Upland Game Bird Validation

$24.33

2024 - Harvest Information Program (HIP) Validation

$0.00

2024 - California Duck Validation

$39.14

Total:

$125.29
No it is not. Just renewed utah for the antlerless draw that was $136. A res Deer tag in CA is $40ish. My CO deer tag is 10x that

Its cheaper to hunt out of state

2024 - Hunting License (Res)
$61.82

$24.33

$0.00

$39.14

Total:

$125.29
As an example, go to Montana's license website. To get the same tags as a non-res, you're up close to a thousand bucks. CO is at least 6 times as much as CA. What pisses me off is that the price of hunting and fishing has gone up dramatically here in CA and the extra money is not going to Fish and Wildlife but into Sacramento's thieving hands. Just another tax. And the 11% additional tax on guns and ammo? Where do you think that will end up?

As an example, go to Montana's license website. To get the same tags as a non-res, you're up close to a thousand bucks. CO is at least 6 times as much as CA. What pisses me off is that the price of hunting and fishing has gone up dramatically here in CA and the extra money is not going to Fish and Wildlife but into Sacramento's thieving hands. Just another tax. And the 11% additional tax on guns and ammo? Where do you think that will end up?
Totally agree. I have no problem with fees being used in DFW. Putting it in the general fund is ludicrous

$61.82

$24.33

$0.00

$39.14

Total:

$125.29
Add tot that pig tag, $28,08.

$61.82

$24.33

$0.00

$39.14

Total:

$125.29
What out of state hunt is cheaper?

Hawaii. A lot cheaper. Pigs, sheep, goats, deer, wild cattle, turkeys, upland birds. Check it out. About $150 for everything for a non-res. I sure miss the hunting on the Big Island. Think Mr. Hatchet will agree.
Im from hawaii, just took 2 guys from california there for the axis deer hunt on lanai. 100$ for license 120$ for a deer tag. goat and sheep tag may be cheaper but overall its not

non resident big game hunting is a different story. I'm talking about upland game and waterfowl hunting license. If you compare a basic CA resident upland game & waterfowl hunting license to a basic Utah non resident upland game and waterfowl license with the required stamps for both . The Utah non resident license cost is about $15 more then the CA resident license. If you are a non resident buying just the basic CA hunting license ( no stamps or tags) it will run you $216.

non resident big game hunting is a different story. I'm talking about upland game and waterfowl hunting license. If you compare a basic CA resident upland game & waterfowl hunting license to a basic Utah non resident upland game and waterfowl license with the required stamps for both . The Utah non resident license cost is about $15 more then the CA resident license. If you are a non resident buying just the basic CA hunting license ( no stamps or tags) it will run you $216.
VERY good point.

For around 12 years now I have paid zero dollars for Ca. hunting license for myself.

“It’s designed to hurt” - Wise Road Hunter, circa 2020
Truth buddy...l left in 15...I hate it there..but..sadly..I'm here as type for more punishment ...thank you sir .may I have another...uggh.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu