Rumor has it that Skinny hunter downed a beast of a mule deer!

What an adventure! My son and I headed to Arizona for the weekend opener of deer season. Little did I know how awesome it would turn out. We hunted the morning, saw some deer but no shooters. Went out for the evening, I had my son glassing an area not far from me. I was looking over another area, it was almost time to call it when I heard a snap. I turned and he was looking right at me. I was frozen, praying he would continue coming in. He put his head down and started walking, I got my gun, he stopped again and looked at me again, my heart is pounding, all I was thinking was please don't take off. He put his head down again and walked a couple more steps, I stopped him and took my shot. He went about 20 yards and fell. My son came over and picked him up by the head, He's huge. I was so excited, I can't believe it. He's 36 1/4'' wide!!!
I'm so glad and blessed to have had my son with me to experience such an awesome moment. I'm sure we will be talking about this for a long time. Thanks to my friends who have taken the time to teach me about hunting.

Attachments

• Skinny1.jpg
    Skinny1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Skinny2.jpg
    Skinny2.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 194
Could not have happened to a better guy. Congrats Barry! It was definitely worth getting up last night for a sneak peak!

Holy crap when I saw this thread I thought it would be a big buck but **** I wasn't expecting to see that big of buck.congrats that's truly the buck of a lifetime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu