Rut activity ???

S

stikbrandon

Have u guys been seeing any bucks chasing or licking?

It's been super hot in my area so I'm not sure if it's the weather or what, elevation is low tho so I'm hoping it hold off till the opener .

my opinion it will not start till it cools off, and hopefully we get rain & snow.
with our cameras My partner & I have seen mostly does and small bucks. not any big boys as of yet.

Saw my 1st buck trailing a doe in close........Big boy was behind him. So, no real battles yet........Necks are definitely starting to thicken though.

Crappy picture at dark thirty in the woods......I think you get the idea of his neck.

Attachments

• IMG_8971.JPG
    IMG_8971.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 27
Last month I watched three bucks spar while they were trailing three does. Also, watched a buck trail two does in a separate area.

Saw a bruiser chase a couple does two weeks ago. Talked to a biologist and was told that during dry years, doe's will go into estrus earlier and it seems to make sense the way this buck was chasing does.

Watched a group of 4 dinky forkies with 3 does fight and one tried to mount a doe..
My cousin ended up killing a 5x4 nice semi swollen neck, also showed sign of a little pre-rut before my cousin killed it. But of course this was in an X-zone

They are definitely rutting in our areas.We saw seven bucks yesterday, two of them shooters that we couldn't get on cause they were chasing so hard :'(

D16hunter said:
TaftHunter said:
This was yesterday btw
Any pictures of the 4x5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll post after pics when I'm done with the euro mount

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413142421.541932.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413142421.541932.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 22

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu