Rut yet?

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
Any of you seen signs of rut? I am seeing minimal movement.

Every buck I've seen since opening day has had it's nose in the back end of a doe.

I think it's ending the heaviest rut activity I saw was before the season opened

Where I hunt it's in full swing right now......Both bucks last night stunk like no other and were chasing does......Remember, the rut in D-16 can last for 3 months......It's the does that tell the tale.

Hunted MCC yesterday with a fellow member......Saw 11 bucks (including 4 spikes) and I don't know how many does......Activity is definitely peaking right now in the area I was hunting.

ps......Just got a call from Josh.....Him & his dad just got a monster.....Bringing it over to the hanging tree.....Public land.

.005.JPG 008.JPG 001.JPG 006.JPG

Reactions: Goyaałé
Anyone seeing much rut activity in D16? Ive been hunting 2-4 days every week and haven't seen any sign. Wondering if I missed it or maybe it hasn't started yet? I did see a fawn alone yesterday which I've read could be a sign. I've seen plenty of bucks but all were by them selves or with another buck.

All of our posts above confirm that there has been lots of rut activity this season. I can't speak to the last 10 days because we filled our tags. Others that are still hunting should chime in.

Yes! My dad and I have seen big bucks on the move! Necks swollen up chasing ladies

Man I don't know why I'm not seeing things. I've seen between 15 and 20 bucks this season and filled one tag but I haven't seen any bucks on doe. And not sure if it's the moon but I have hunted the last 4 days in a row and haven't seen any bucks just a bunch of doe. I was seein bucks everytrip. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

Could be you are just missing the does. Buck will usually be behind the group of does or doe. May be when you are seeing these bucks you are catching the tail end of the group and may be just did not see the does. The rut has been going on since sept from what I have been seeing and still going. I have seen bucks chasing does or grouping with does all the way into January some years for my area atleast.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu