SAFETY FIRST

Scary, Mark...:D...No dove is worth whacking anybody....Mourning dove fly early and low....Be sure of your surroundings, both yours and others.

Oh, and it's a great idea to wear shooting glasses....Drawing blood is one thing....Losing your eyesight is another.

I'll be thinking of you crazies from Montana.... :blush:

Hope it all works out Mark. I remember them crazy dove shooting days, I've seen many close calls. When them doves start flying and the adrenaline starts flowing some guys get blinded by the rush.

Reactions: MAG 1
Oh Snap! So sorry this happened to you man! Damn... Musta took all your internal strength to resist beatin' the dude to within an inch of his life!

Definitely have had some bounce off me luckily. Last opener saw a yahoo blast his own truck windshield out. It was hilarious but seriously scary at the same time cause he obviously had no self or gun control.

View attachment 40559[/ATTACH]

No dove is worth this. Know where your partner is at all times, and know where your shooting before you pull the trigger. I still have 22 pellets in my leg and hand, from a guy I've hunted with for years. Only pain is the hand, might have to get surgery.

Remember just be safe.

/View attachment 40559View attachment 40560
Scary shit man!!! That's a bit low for any dove. Did it fly between both of you?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Well at least it ain't lead.... ... How in the hell do you live with yourself after shooting someone while hunting.... Dove hunting taboot! WTF that makes me really really mad. There would have been a fist fight. There just isn't any excuse for that. NONE. Thank the lord you are alright enough to post this. @MAG 1 Stay healthy friend I hope the recovery does not involve a doctor and his tools.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu