Salton Sea morning Hunt

So how deep is the water in the spooney Bay ? Just wondering How long of a pole I would need to push my boat around the lake .

I checked it out , looks doable but will need a boat . I want to go , and I have a boat . Looks like some old blinds out there some in use some not ! Maybe fix up a old blind or some thing ! I'm trying to find some one to go with so I don't get stuck in the mud , but as long as I stay in the boat I should be OK !

Lots of old blinds out there................... ;D

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    458 KB · Views: 91
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    387.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 93
dhntr48 said:
I checked it out , looks doable but will need a boat . I want to go , and I have a boat . Looks like some old blinds out there some in use some not ! Maybe fix up a old blind or some thing ! I'm trying to find some one to go with so I don't get stuck in the mud , but as long as I stay in the boat I should be OK !
Do you mean someone else with a boat to pull you out of the mud?

you don't want to get out of your boat, it will be the last time you do, its bottomless mud. great old pics Steve. I have drove a few nails in the old docks.

What's the etiquette for hunting the blinds out there. I hate to squat on other people's hard work. Usually I just hunt from the kayak. But a couple of those blinds could use a little brush up and be productive.

What's the etiquette for hunting the blinds out there. I hate to squat on other people's hard work. Usually I just hunt from the kayak. But a couple of those blinds could use a little brush up and be productive.

Always a tough call...We used to put our names in the permanent blinds...That being said, it is public land...Let your conscience be your guide.

If it's someone's regular blind, I think it's bad form to hunt it without talking to em first. Just my $.02. But there's a couple blinds that haven't been hunted in awhile.. some guys have moved out of state or they've deteriorated. I'd still ask around though before you move in. If you hunt there regularly, poke around with the guys to see what's up. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

If it's someone's regular blind, I think it's bad form to hunt it without talking to em first. Just my $.02. But there's a couple blinds that haven't been hunted in awhile.. some guys have moved out of state or they've deteriorated. I'd still ask around though before you move in. If you hunt there regularly, poke around with the guys to see what's up. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

I think Ive met you once before out there. Helped you load a beaver tail on top of a suv? Anyways I was just curious what people think about it.

I think Ive met you once before out there. Helped you load a beaver tail on top of a suv? Anyways I was just curious what people think about it.
Haha yep. Connor?

There's a couple blinds I'm thinking of specifically that may be usable. One's on the east side a little past the pelican rocks.. he's been in Montana the past couple years I think and not sure if/when he's coming back. The structure's solid but needs brushing up. I hunted it a couple years back. Could be good.
20190105_072736.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu