San Diego Turkey

8SteelTown

Hey hunt buds... I'm going to go for turkey a few times this year. I know how crazy it gets down in your areas of San Diego. If anyone would allow me to tag along on a turkey hunt in later November, please let me know. Thanks. Jesse

I don't mess with them until spring. Too much else to do. Don't get me wrong if I'm jumping ducks or shooting quail and one pops up ill blow his or probaly not her head off.

im going up this weekend on saturday and sunday. I know where some birds are on public land, maybe, but its a CRAZY hike in. no guarantees in the fall though, they arent talkative and are more difficult to find. The males will NOT come to a call as easy.

i failed at D16 deer so far this year, only saw 2 does.

Im bringing my dog to help me find the birds and hopefully bust a group. when these 15lb+ birds are in a flock, my dog can sniff them over 100yds away.

good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu