san felipe wildlife area

Johngray361

Nov 12, 2018
have some questions about the area. Is is shotgun or archery only? can you hunt coyotes/ rabbits? I know its closed certain months does anyone know those months? thanks for any info you can provide.

John,

Lots of rules out there...Must have a A-22 or AO to hunt the southwest side of S-2...Shotgun can be used on either side of S-2, as long as it's not for deer...The season opens Sept 1-Jan 31 (or last day of quail)...Then opens again for the spring turkey season...No hunting any other time.

have some questions about the area. Is is shotgun or archery only? can you hunt coyotes/ rabbits? I know its closed certain months does anyone know those months? thanks for any info you can provide.
The CDFW website is pretty explanatory.. check that out. I haven't been there in awhile but there also used to be a kiosk and map at the 'main' entrance west of S2. Coyotes and rabbits are fair game, but as Steve mentioned, the area is closed right now. Study the map, as there's a portion that is closed year round.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu