San J......10-21-7

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Headed up to San Jacinto W.A. at dark thirty this morning with Jacob, Cody, Jaeger "The Wonder Puppy".....And anybody that's been hunting out there knows that Davis Rd. is underwater.....Underwater is an understatement!.....Drove the tank (Ford E-350 4x4 lifted van).....And damn glad I did, a couple of the holes literally had the water up to the doors....Well, we made it thru and picked our spot.....It was obviously the wrong one.....lol.....No fly off and few birds working our end with a north wind (should've known this).

Like the last few hunts, our main objective is to get Jaeger work without Trigger being along.....Only 3 birds, but one of his retrieves was close to a 100 yds.....He is going to be great after the discipline part gets better.

. 026.JPG 033.JPG 048.JPG 058.JPG 060.JPG

dog looks great!!! good job putting some in the bag.

Road looks BAD! I have a resi for wister for the 29th I think ill pass and head to oak tree and kill some clays or something. just not looking to get hammered by mud.

20170121_093002.jpg 20170121_105549.jpg Dog looks great Steve! I know what you mean on the discipline. Max (named after the one and only) is lacking in that department. She hated the dog box at the blind. On a great note, she did a double retrieve when i doubled on cinns!

Attachments

• 20170121_093002.jpg
    20170121_093002.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
Ron,

Max is looking good.....Love those furry retrievers.

Barry,

Hope we can breed your chocolate with Jaeger at some point & time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu