San Jacinto duck hunting rundown

Brozone

Jan 23, 2023
Hey I hope everyone is having a good season! Just moved to SoCal from Northern California and heard the refuges are a little different here. I saw that there are reserved blinds we hunt at on San Jac. Was wondering how the check in process works with that and also do they have signs directing us to the areas? Thanks :)

Hey I hope everyone is having a good season! Just moved to SoCal from Northern California and heard the refuges are a little different here. I saw that there are reserved blinds we hunt at on San Jac. Was wondering how the check in process works with that and also do they have signs directing us to the areas? Thanks :)

Brodie,

Welcome to SCH...The state run wildlife areas (San Jacinto & Wister) down here are basically the same as NoCal, except there is no free roam...When you check in starting at 3:00 am, you pick a blind off the board...At San J, you must hunt from the blind site, except Mystic Lake, and a couple other sites away from the original wildlife area.

The blinds are well marked and the crew at check in will give you a map of the area and how to get to your blind site...Very short drive to most and the walks to the blinds are mostly short as well.

Good luck and if you have any other questions just PM me.

ps...I'm sure you know that standard ducks work just fine down here too.... :joy:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu