San Jacinto W.A. Work Party 8-23-14

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Sorry for posting this so late...........There's a lot of new guys on the site and many have stated they would like to learn more about our hunting and waterfowling opportunities here in SoCal........Attending a work party is great way of introducing yourself and getting to know the wildlife area and like minded people.

The work party will be redoing the blinds with new blind materials..........Start time is 6:30 am.

More details.....http://socalhunt.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/second-volunteer-work-day-blind-brush-up-day-saturday-august-23rd/

Hope to see ya out there......Steve

wish i could be there :'( i missed the last one due to work schedule and i have to miss this but any one who can should really attend lots of people to learn from and meet the people that run the area.

Steve, this would be a great opportunity and I'm sorry I had made a commitment before learning about it.

Sent via Tapatalk

If only I had known earlier, just hauled off king and queen fronds today. I will try to get out of a "volun- told" commitment and get up there Saturday. Thanks for posting Steve!

Doug,

We have plenty of palm fronds.............Find a friend and come on up............Great way to find out where the blinds are and learn about the wildlife area.

Great turn-out this morning for the work party.........I know the season is a couple months away, but you could just feel the urge for waterfowling........The flood-up has started. So lot of ducks seen (mostly mallards).......All blinds were inspected and repaired.

Again for all the newbs........This is a great way to learn the wildlife area........Tom said there may be another work party before the opener (Oct 18th).

A few pix.............. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8570.JPG
    IMG_8570.JPG
    608.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8572.JPG
    IMG_8572.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8576.JPG
    IMG_8576.JPG
    665.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8580.JPG
    IMG_8580.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8583.JPG
    IMG_8583.JPG
    591 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8585.JPG
    IMG_8585.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8568.JPG
    IMG_8568.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 20
Pictures awesome! Wish I could have been there. :-[

Is there anyway that I can be put on a list to be informed about upcoming outings like that?

can you guys come work on my blinds too...i want to build something with a kitchen

Aeon said:
can you guys come work on my blinds too...i want to build something with a kitchen

Bill,

Yeah, I get it.......Hotels.......We tried pits(cement tubes) and there's still a few left, but guys for the most part didn't like them.......I think for refuge/WA hunting. This is the way to go......We've tried putting natural vegetation (tules & willows) around them and make them so they don't stand out so much. The old Walker Duck Club sites are just kind of barren......Yet, they still shoot pretty well.

Gman,

San Jacinto W.A. has a Facebook page and I'll try to post any upcoming work parties here on SCH......You can also always PM me, if you need more info about San J or Wister W.A. (Imperial Valley).

Attachments

• IMG_8590.JPG
    IMG_8590.JPG
    633.4 KB · Views: 17

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu