San Jacinto Wildlife Area (Reguations)

BTW - for anyone going to try dove at SJWA Sept. 1st Tom told me today that the waterfowl side will be opened to dove hunting, in addition to the upland side, from the 1st through the 3rd. (Tuesday - Thursday). After that, all dove hunting will be on the upland side only.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Because It sucks over there, lets keep it at that.
Let’s keep it at that? Are you trying to steer us away from an awesome spot? I’m kind of curious now. I didn’t see anything when I was there 5 or 6 years ago, but I didn’t walk very far either.

Let’s keep it at that? Are you trying to steer us away from an awesome spot? I’m kind of curious now. I didn’t see anything when I was there 5 or 6 years ago, but I didn’t walk very far either.
NO it sucks, really it does.

Speaking of the Lake Perris Upland Hunting Area, I got curious and pulled up the current brochure for Lake Perris. They've changed the hunting area since I used it all those many years ago. If you look at the map on the brochure the hunting area used to start at the "dirt road" and covered a lot of the area east of the lake. Now the dirt road is like in the middle of the upland area and the upland area looks like it covers a lot of the area north of the lake. Funny thing is that if you look all through the brochure there is no mention of hunting except that the hashmarked area on the map is designated "Upland Game Hunting Area (In Season)". No mention of hunting at all in the text of the brochure. The upside of this is that it is a little bigger of an area than it used to be and it's probably only a walk of about 1/4 mile to the hunting area. (Link to the brochure, including map... http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/651/files/LakePerrisSRAWeb2016.pdf )

Last edited:
BTW - for anyone going to try dove at SJWA Sept. 1st Tom told me today that the waterfowl side will be opened to dove hunting, in addition to the upland side, from the 1st through the 3rd. (Tuesday - Thursday). After that, all dove hunting will be on the upland side only.

I drive by that area every day. I haven’t seen hardly any doves around.

Here are the 2 maps side by side. Looks like alot of area to hunt

Attachments

• 2020-08-11 07_40_11-Upland Game Hunting Map San Jacinto Wildlife Area.png
    2020-08-11 07_40_11-Upland Game Hunting Map San Jacinto Wildlife Area.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2020-08-11 07_41_00-Lake PerrisState Recreation Area.png
    2020-08-11 07_41_00-Lake PerrisState Recreation Area.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 33
The reason you bagged a few cottontails is because you were in the good hunting area, which is closed to upland hunting

Opening day over here sounds like a shooting range. I don’t know what the hell these guys are shooting at... one lonesome dove?

In all seriousness, it seems our local dove population gets less and less every year.

Opening day over here sounds like a shooting range. I don’t know what the hell these guys are shooting at... one lonesome dove?

In all seriousness, it seems our local dove population gets less and less every year.

Last year i remember talking to a guy in the parking lot and he was like, i need to get a few more boxes of ammo (1 box per dove)

Last year i remember talking to a guy in the parking lot and he was like, i need to get a few more boxes of ammo (1 box per dove)

Growing up, all I was allowed to shoot with was a NEF 12 gauge single shot. Took quite a few limits with it too.

I have a decent array of shotguns to play with now (including that old single shot) and my go-to is a Benelli super nova. I still have hang ups with the one shot mindset.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu