San Jacinto Wildlife Area Schedules Two Volunteer Blind Brush-Up Work Days – August 14 and September 18, 2021

Man 10 years ago I was in way better shape lol thanks for always having pics to post steve

See you boys in the morning...For all you guys that want to me partners and fellow fowlers...This is your chance.....Pic from 8-13-11

.sj work party 8-13-11 001.JPGsj work party 8-13-11 005.JPGsj work party 8-13-11 009.JPGsj work party 8-13-11 010.JPG

The work day was a lot of fun, some of those blinds really needed fronds. We forgot a saw and a pick axe out there, let me know if you happened to find one or both of them.

That raised blind is pretty cool, it is raised because its going to be flooded underneath? Someone got mad at their spoony.

That raised blind is pretty cool, it is raised because its going to be flooded underneath? Someone got mad at their spoony.

The raised blind is because E-3 gets deep...It's back some...So, putting decoys out will be a little more applicable...The spoony was in E-2 and had been there for at least 2 seasons...Got ran over.

ps...Lots of timothy grass in most every hunt site, but look at the difference with spring irrigating or wet spring (2012).

.IMG_2647.JPGsan j 8-4-23 025.JPG

i am amazed how many hunt that place and how few are willing to spend a few hours making it better.

i am amazed how many hunt that place and how few are willing to spend a few hours making it better.

Right on, Bill....Tom & Carlos are the ONLY 2 employees at San Jacinto WA...They need help badly...Mon-Thur are the best days to go out, but with signing the waiver and getting Tom's blessing for what you're doing...Week-ends are okay as well.

Last edited:
The raised blind is because E-3 gets deep...It's back some...So, putting decoys out will be a little more applicable...The spoony was in E-2 and had been there for at least 2 seasons...Got ran over.

ps...Lots of timothy grass in most every hunt site, but look at the difference with spring irrigating or wet spring (2012).

.View attachment 50067View attachment 50068
It looked like walker 7 was being redone, have you heard what they’re doing?

Saw this mangy guy on the way out.
View attachment 50090
Only saw 3 or 4 doves the whole morning, maybe theres more on the upland side.

I saw maybe 10 all morning...Very little water on the area doesn't help...Was looking at picture from about 4 years ago and the amount of ducks already there was amazing...A couple of things though...Mystic was full, and very early flood up...The later water this year may be better...Less early tule growth and more food later on.

ps...Will be very small by the season opener...Pray for rain.

.026.JPG025.JPG

Right on, Bill....Tom & Carlos are the ONLY 2 employees at San Jacinto WA...They need help badly...Mon-Thur are the best days to go out, but with signing the waiver and getting Tom's blessing for what you're doing...Week-ends are okay as well.
Is anybody at the office on weekends? Or do we have to sign the waiver on a weekday if we want to go out on a weekend?

Is anybody at the office on weekends? Or do we have to sign the waiver on a weekday if we want to go out on a weekend?

They work Mon-Thurs....I'd call Tom and see what he wants to do about the waiver...If you've already signed one, I think your good to go.

They work Mon-Thurs....I'd call Tom and see what he wants to do about the waiver...If you've already signed one, I think your good to go.
Maybe Tom could scan one and email it to you and you could sign, scan, and send it back? Just an idea. Obviously up to Tom if he can do that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu