San Jacinto

Oct 11, 2014
So I got drawn for San Jacinto for tomorrow and am wondering if anyone knows if it is any good there right now? Also, should I rent a dog or can I get to the ducks like at Wister?
Hope I get some ducks, I been skunked twice at Wister this year. Oh yeah, does anyone know what the deal with the different types 9th blinds are there? Are they man made with wood or something? Which are the best ones?
If anyone knows and or wants to go I would really appreciate it, thanks.

I don't know anything about San J specifically, but hunted up that way last Saturday and spoke to a guy who said they did not see many ducks at San J. I saw a lot of standing water in fields and depressions left from the rain that were holding a lot of good ducks. That might have been the issue, to many options for the birds. Couple that with the full moon....On another note, that full moon might have brought down some new migrators.

If you got a reservation just go!!! Tom will hook you up with what blind is best for you according to your reservation # and no dog.

Great job. I've been looking for a duck buddy to get out to san j or wister with. Was it full of people? I hunted the san j upland area with my boys a few weeks back. The duck area was in fire. Did you use decoys? Or calls?

Yeah, there were a lot of guys in the sweat line. I don't know if everyone got on. If I get drawn again I'll let you know.
I did use decoys and calls to bring them in and both worked well.

Thanks sprig.

Sounds like a great day in any event. Any day in the field is better then staying home. I while back I had to sell most of my duck gear waders and things am never hunted where I needed decoys so I'll have to start getting my stuff together again.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu