San V....6-6-19

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Well, yesterday was NOT a wide open bite, but the quality of the fish more than made up for it....Today was a finesse bite that was Wide open in the gin clear water....40+ fish (2 1/2 lbs the biggest) and off the water by 12:30....Morning Dawn Robo worms on a 1/0 Gami, 1/8 ounce bullet weight, Texas rigged was the ticket....Doodling was the preferred technique in 10-20' of water....Always fun getting bit this much.

.003.JPG021.JPG025.JPG

Way to go. Did you hook any of those ginormous bluegill or redear?

Way to go. Did you hook any of those ginormous bluegill or redear?

Nope, Kevin....In fact, I talked to a couple of folks fishing bait and they didn't have any....Did see a guy catch about a 6 on a shiner....And on to the stringer she went....lol

Nope, Kevin....In fact, I talked to a couple of folks fishing bait and they didn't have any....Did see a guy catch about a 6 on a shiner....And on to the stringer she went....lol
I’d much rather that the guy kill a limit of 1.5 pounders than the 6 pound female!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu