Santa Ysabel Youth Mentored Turkey Hunt....2018

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hi all,

The next event sponsored by your local chapter of NWTF San Diego is the youth hunt in the Santa Ysabel East Preserve.....The drawing date is March 3rd at the Ramona Senior Ctr. in Ramona.....The event starts at 9:00 am.....You MUST be registered by 10:30 am....The draw will be some time after 10:30 am.....The hunt dates are March 24th and 25th.....Your child must be present and be a member of NWTF, if drawn.....Each child/youth hunter must have a valid hunting license with them and a guardian.....The guardian may be changed, if one parent or legal guardian is not with the child the day of the drawing.....The guardian must be a member of NWTF as well.

Each youth hunter will be assigned a mentor and given one of 10 hunt sites each day.....If your child is drawn, please let me know, if you prefer Saturday or Sunday.....I will try to accommodate.....I can tell you, there's no advantage on which day it is.....More turkeys have been taken on Sundays than Saturdays.

Good luck to all that attend.

Steve

.Youth hunt SYYTH 2014.jpg youth hunt 2017 Ned & Christina ll.jpg turkey Noah Cramer 3-17.JPG Simon and Turkey Mentor.jpg SYYYMTH 2015.JPG Youth hunt 2017.png IMG_0707.JPG

Last edited:
Noah was so dedicated.....He practiced with his little 20 gauge before the hunt from a turkey chair.....He'll be there again this year.

Reactions: TRICER
Santa Ysabel East is a beautiful area, it is great that the NWTF is putting on youth hunts there! I want you to know that seeing this post got me to sign up for NWTF and donate today! Love this stuff.

Santa Ysabel East is a beautiful area, it is great that the NWTF is putting on youth hunts there! I want you to know that seeing this post got me to sign up for NWTF and donate today! Love this stuff.

Thank you.....We try very hard to keep this chapter active in our area for both adults and youth turkey hunters.

Thank you.....We try very hard to keep this chapter active in our area for both adults and youth turkey hunters.

How long will your meeting go on for tomorrow night? I have had a call-in from 6-7 every Tuesday since end of January but would still like to stop by to at least meet some of you guys in person. Is it okay to stop in late?

Thanks @ilovesprig for putting this event on. Both Miles boys got drawn and are excited to get out and bag their first Turks. Stinks that more than likely I will be out of town for the hunt so grandpa @BBH will taking them.

88CD240A-1697-47FC-B414-2E2F4CA8BD45.jpeg

Last edited:
Drew,

Thank you......Very happy for the boys......You're with Tanner in one of the best spots.

Thought the drawing went pretty good and our best turn out so far.....46 kids (with an equal amount of adults) this year for 20 spots.....Now we need the weather to cooperate.

.001.JPG 002.JPG

Mark,

I really appreciate all the mentors giving their time for these hunts.....Thanks again......To be honest, I really enjoy watching the kids pulling the trigger more.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu