Scat ID?

HuggyBear15

a complete n00b
Nov 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

I was out the other day checking trail cams (which are a ton of fun btw!) in an area I've been to probably half a dozen times.

There's always quite a bit of coyote and rabbit scat around, but I came across one I didn't recognize. I've googled scat for every critter I can think of that I'd expect to be in the area, but can't find anything that really matches.

Though the cameras got some cool shots (to me anyway), they didn't pick up anything I'd expect to leave this behind. Anyone have any ideas?

uploadfromtaptalk1470794409496.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1470794434267.jpg

P. S. I put this in the newbie section as I don't know which type of mammal it belongs to, and it's probably a silly newbie question I won't be offended if it's moved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I was out the other day checking trail cams (which are a ton of fun btw!) in an area I've been to probably half a dozen times.

There's always quite a bit of coyote and rabbit scat around, but I came across one I didn't recognize. I've googled scat for every critter I can think of that I'd expect to be in the area, but can't find anything that really matches.

Though the cameras got some cool shots (to me anyway), they didn't pick up anything I'd expect to leave this behind. Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 27965
View attachment 27966

P. S. I put this in the newbie section as I don't know which type of mammal it belongs to, and it's probably a silly newbie question I won't be offended if it's moved.

Dried up or washed out coyote/fox scat. Berries because of the season.

Oooook gotcha. That's less exciting than I'd hoped, but great to know! Thank you both!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu