SCH and GSGS Raffle Bear Down for the Gteam

gteam

Aug 7, 2013
It took awhile but we finally made it up to hunt bear with GSGS. I was fortunate enough to win this hunt with Neil at the SCH BBQ and decided I would give it to Anthony as a gift. Anthony's hunting season was limited this year due to his responsibilities as a firefighter with the US Forest Service.
We got up to Neil's Saturday evening to begin hunting Sunday morning, Neil picked us up from camp grabbed some coffee and headed out to one of his ranches. I was amazed at the game we spotted on our way to our first glassing point but no bear. On our way to the second location Neil spotted a bear, it was a beautiful cinnamon brown working it's way up a ridge. We couldn't make it happen with that bear so we continued looking til mid morning.
On our way back to camp we were able to do some duck hunting and had a blast hitting the ponds on our route, after collecting some ducks we headed out for a lunch break. We had lunch and did a little fishing at camp, talk about full service!
In the afternoon we went out to another ranch and set up to glass a creek bottom. We sat there for about 45 minutes when we spotted a bear working his way along the creek. Anthony grabbed his bow and I brought the rifle in case we couldn't get in for a bow shot. As luck would have it the bear bedded up next to a fence that had pig wire on the bottom, no way to sneak an arrow through that. We waited in hopes that the bear would cross the fence so we could continue with the bow but the bear just lay there. The sun had set and we were starting to loose light, it was now or never. Anthony took his release off grabbed the rifle and took aim, the bear rolled over at the shot and never left his bed. Big thank you to Neil who is not only a great guide but a hell of a hunter. We had one heck of a day with him hunting,shooting and just bsing. Anthony took a great bear and we experienced an awesome adventure thanks to Neil and SCH. Til Next time, Gil

Attachments

• DSCF0342.JPG
    DSCF0342.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0337.JPG
    DSCF0337.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20151206_114645.jpg
    IMG_20151206_114645.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
Well done guys ! G-Team scored big. Any plans for the hide. Looks like a nice rug.

BuckHunter said:
Well done guys ! G-Team scored big. Any plans for the hide. Looks like a nice rug.
Thanks, Anthony is planning on a rug.

Sounds like a good time was had and Neil did a great job as usual.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu