School me on muzzle loaders

Corrosion is your friend whether you like it or not........clean then clean again & again & again

Ok, time to bump this back up. I finally figured out some public land I can shoot muzzle loaders. Still up in the air if I want to do the muzzle loader opener or the rifle opener but would like to figure out the muzzle loader setup before I make my final decision. I do know the place I want to go has no scope restrictions, powder pellets and sabbots are legal. I usually build or buy premium gear but I don't want to spend a ton on a rifle that will only get shot a few times a year.

This is what I have been looking at

The CVA Paramount look pretty awesome 2700 fps out of a 40 cal but a lot of states have minimum calibers.
The paramount looks cool but I just don't want to spend that much on a rifle that will get used maybe once a year. If I shot the whole muzzle loader season that would be another story

Reactions: 180ls1
The paramount looks cool but I just don't want to spend that much on a rifle that will get used maybe once a year. If I shot the whole muzzle loader season that would be another story

Looks like a killer setup. My muzzleloaders have fallen victim to seldom use as well so I wouldn't spend any more than what you have here. PS, I think Optics Planet has the Mark4 for $699, I think thats a good deal but I am not super on top of that stuff.

Looks like a killer setup. My muzzleloaders have fallen victim to seldom use as well so I wouldn't spend any more than what you have here. PS, I think Optics Planet has the Mark4 for $699, I think thats a good deal but I am not super on top of that stuff.
Those Mark 4's are probably the old ones, not the new Mark 4HD's. The new HD's are a complely different scope and still not available. Thanks for looking out though

Those Mark 4's are probably the old ones, not the new Mark 4HD's. The new HD's are a complely different scope and still not available. Thanks for looking out though

Got it. States are pushing back (rightfully so) on muzzleloader technology so you may want to be careful how much you spend.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu