Scouting for turkeys, shootin' sqeaukers...

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got up early to catch the 1st gobbles at grey light...Not disappointed and love that sound...Then it was run and gun to places to try and catch some flydown action...Two serious good spots...60+ & 90+ birds each...Then it was off to the killing fields as the morning warmed up....New CZ .17 HMR is dialed in...:heart:

.097.JPG099.JPG094.JPG

Nice shooting Steve! Looks like you waited for that squeak to turn broadside before you took him out.

Really hoping to get into some birds this year and be able to experience those early morning gobbles. Or any gobbles for that matter lol

Time to bust out my flydown diaphragms and start practicing!

Reactions: ilovesprig
A CZ? Very very nice! I got the boy a CZ 452 American in .22LR for his first rifle. Really impressed by the fit and finish. An excellent choice indeed.

woke up to these hens next to my car this morning leaving Ramona!
season is getting close!
I've been taking my calls out make them turn around or at least get ththeththem to stop. they must be used to people around here but it's cool to get some practice in while my car warms up

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu