SD Bass Fishing Cheat

Was surprised to see the article always thought he was the man when it came to bass fishing in SD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
Read this awhile back and there's a lot to digest...Great read

Bass fisherman have been talking about this guy for a long time....As a bass fisherman, and big bass fisherman for a many years...I felt something was "fishy", especially when he was fishing "Team" tournaments by himself (I blame tourney officials for allowing this), and winning.

I personally believe there's little doubt the guy was a cheater. He has given tournament bass fishing and fisherman in general a really bad name...I'm sure Long is pretty lawyered up, after this article.

ps...I know John Kerr says/plays the victim (and may be totally innocent), but while I was fishing today...We both concluded there was no way we wouldn't know what the other guy was catching or doing in a 19' boat.

You come into this world naked and penniless and you leave the same way with one exception... your reputation and what you did while you were here, If this guy did what he is being accused of he has spoiled everything he set out on his own to prove to himself or own and now he will have to live with that. Sorry for him and his ego, It does not appear that it served him well if this is the case.

Wow that was a long read, but so well written that it kept me riveted. From a distance I see one major villain and whole bunch of others who didn’t do the right thing.

Wow that was a long read, but so well written that it kept me riveted. From a distance I see one major villain and whole bunch of others who didn’t do the right thing.
Ya it took me over an hour to get through the whole thing. Great article.
I agree there were some people turning a blind eye for sure.

This guy has been snagging monster female’s off the beds as far back as I could remember, when I was a boy I worked on the boat dock at Dixon lake.

He would come to Dixon all the time. He was after Dottie for a long time !

And Mac Weakley "foul hooked" Dottie Too....If there hadn't been witnesses, my guess is he would've turned her in as a world record.

Good read....

Reactions: nicapopolis
And Mac Weakley "foul hooked" Dottie Too....If there hadn't been witnesses, my guess is he would've turned her in as a world record.

Good read....

I was on the boat dock when Mac brought her up to his boat, he was in between the boat focal and the pier! Before they moved the boat dock to its current spot!

When I was young I looked up to Jed.

Thoughts three guys were always in competition with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of blind eye turning for sure. I really don’t get why dad didn’t call the police immediately if Long was threatening his boy and snooping around the kids bedroom with a flashlight. Dude shows up uninvited and asks “which room does your boy sleep in”? Just bizarre and quite hard to believe some of this stuff.

Lots of blind eye turning for sure. I really don’t get why dad didn’t call the police immediately if Long was threatening his boy and snooping around the kids bedroom with a flashlight. Dude shows up uninvited and asks “which room does your boy sleep in”? Just bizarre and quite hard to believe some of this stuff.

I haven't read the article in awhile, but after this creepy incident, I think Kerr fished with him again...Hmmmm

Steve, this is a new article from June 24th on SD Fish. Are you referencing a different article?

Nick. You’re right. This article is basically a summary of Kevin Ellis’ article. The original piece is way more intense.

Last edited:
Took me an hour too but it was well-spent. The compulsive lying was unbelievable.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu