SD Newb

SDBowrangler

Feb 18, 2021
Hi everyone! My name is Jared I live/work in SD, like to play outdoors as much as my schedule allows (camping, hiking mostly), and as my username implies I have an 11yo GS mutt named Bo (NOT a hunting dog). Just wanted to re-introduce myself here, I had posted a thread in the newbie den a few years back asking about shed hunting in SD and I thank those of you who were kind enough to take the time to reply. I haven't been hunting in SD at all, although this year I have been hiking around Laguna and Cleveland NF just about every free weekend I get. It feels great to get back to the outdoors, and to be fortunate enough to now have a job that allows me time off to do so is a huge plus. I still return back to the east coast once or twice a year when I can and attempt to fill the freezer (whitetail bow hunts) but that is the extent of my hunting as of life right now. Anyway, I'm thinking of buying a bow so I can start shooting out here (Morley Field is right down the street from me) and heard that there's a pretty good archery shop out in Lakeside. Aside from all that, If anyone would like to hike/scout around the National Forest feel free to reply to this or PM me.

Welcome Jared to SCH...The shop you're referring to is The Bow & Arrow Shop...Ask for Bruce.

ps...There's a SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up March 6th at Lake Henshaw...It's a great time and will show you an entirely different area of D-16 (A-22)...CNF will be there and you can ask questions directly to them.

.002.JPG

Reactions: SDBowrangler
Welcome Jared to SCH...The shop you're referring to is The Bow & Arrow Shop...Ask for Bruce.

ps...There's a SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up March 6th at Lake Henshaw...It's a great time and will show you an entirely different area of D-16 (A-22)...CNF will be there and you can ask questions directly to them.

.View attachment 47935
Thanks! I dont know much about turkeys but it sure sounds like a great place to start, I will try and round up some friends and come up! Also, I went to the Bow N Arrow shop today and big thanks to all those guys over there especially Dave for helping me pick out a new bow. What an awesome shop, very glad I was able to meet those guys.

Thanks! I dont know much about turkeys but it sure sounds like a great place to start, I will try and round up some friends and come up! Also, I went to the Bow N Arrow shop today and big thanks to all those guys over there especially Dave for helping me pick out a new bow. What an awesome shop, very glad I was able to meet those guys.
Best bow shop in town!

Reactions: Lungpopper

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu