SD Scouting

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Heading to some private property tomorrow early AM. Going to put out some game cams in an area where there is water and agriculture. Hope to find a nice buck in the next few days. Will keep everyone posted and hope to have some pictures in the next couple of days. My rifle is waiting to let blood.

It's my turn to get busy...

First spot was (to my amazement) a deer desert. Lot's of food, water and cover but no deer or even deer sign.

On the bright side, there were rabbits everywhere and coyote prints everywhere.

I am going to head back out in the morning to another area.

The bucks really started showing up on my game cams this past week. One 3x was a real shooter (not the monster I first saw two weeks ago.

Hunted all day yesterday and saw plenty of evidence that the rut is just about to start. The big matures are starting to show up and run with the does. Saw two bucks fighting for about ten minutes by my tree stand on Thursday.

I'll post the picks tomorrow. Gotta run its 4:30

"Saw two bucks fighting for about ten minutes by my tree stand on Thursday"

I watched a couple of bucks lock horns Wed evening.They went at it for about 30 seconds.They were both 3x3's but one buck was a lot bigger.The little one got all swelled up like he was badass but the big one took care of that and ran him off the hill.

Lungpopper said:
"Saw two bucks fighting for about ten minutes by my tree stand on Thursday"

I watched a couple of bucks lock horns Wed evening.They went at it for about 30 seconds.They were both 3x3's but one buck was a lot bigger.The little one got all swelled up like he was badass but the big one took care of that and ran him off the hill.

They're kinda like people aren't they?

I ran into the same guy scouting this weekend, as I did the week before.
He was very polite, and respectful. The first time he was with his son, then his daughter. He told us where he was going to be so we would not run into each other, and he also told us where he had seen deer sign.
I wish everyone out there was like this.
I want to tell them, "I am not trying to steal your spot, I want to be away from you as much as possible, people!"

Pleseant time scouting this weekend

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu