Second Tag Filled

Boomstick

Nov 16, 2011
I was fortunate enough to find a few days to get out and hunt during the Holiday season. I spotted this buck walking away from me at about 500 yards. He was feeding and sort of meandering through the brush, when for no reason at all he turns around and starts walking directly at me. 400, 300, 200 yards still coming, so I drop down on a rock and get ready. Sure enough he lays down 150 yards below me. First muzzleloader buck went down. I still can't believe he didn't take 1 of the 50 other routes he could have gone. Rather be lucky than good as they say!

IMG-20111217-00400.jpg

Very nice BS and with a muzzleloader, that is awesome. That is why I have always said that tag is a great time of the year to be out hunting. Way to reach out with open sites and make a good shot. Great job and Thanks for posting.

"""""Rather be lucky than good """""

I think you may be both. Nice job. You're missing the pic's of your kids holding the head.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu