Sequoia Trout

Baldkrash

Aug 4, 2013
Took the family camping in Sequoia National Park. Had a great time hiking, playing in the water and fishing everyday. The good news is that I caught 3-4 trout every day! Plus tons of bites and 3-4 on the line that i couldnt get into my hand.

The bad news is...the one in the picture (caught at Heather Lake at 9200 ft altitude) was probably the biggest one I caught all week:)

Attachments

• heatherlaketrout copy.JPG
    heatherlaketrout copy.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 88
Quantity over quality isn't always a bad thing......Just getting bit is always fun.......Looks like a great trip...... 8)

Just used lures. Hit one with a last master on the lake on my first cast.

On the river they were biting lurker grubs and spinners.

Someday I will learn to fly fish. :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu