SFWA, East County?

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Has anyone been out to SFWA recently? Headed out in Sept for dove and got skunked. Headed out last week for quail, again nada. I am an hour and 15 minutes away. Just wanting to know if anyone has been having luck or should I hit the maps and try someplace new.
I've hunted both ends and the BLM land on the other side of the road past the little strip of the WA.
Also, If you want to throw a bone for any other general area, I'm all ears. I have my CNF map and my BLM maps.
Thanks

Been out there once and saw a Badger. Never seen anything other than a few deer tracks and coyote tracks. No birds!!! cool place might go again soon.

Thanks Dusty, I've seen them in the southern end but not lately. Unfortunately, I've pulled out BLM maps and only found more frustration. I've been hitting the pavement to check out the land around me, but it's ALL "Conservation Wildlife Area".

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu